I thought it would be fitting to write a quick and fun post about things that happen to people who are bad with directions (pun intended).
11 things you might relate to if you are absolutely horrible with directions:
1. You always have maps open on your phone — even when going somewhere you’ve been before.
2. You’re used to getting lost and even make time for getting lost because you know it’s bound to happen.
3. You tend to take the same route to get somewhere instead of taking a shorter way…because the shorter route can actually take you longer.
4. You also think your way is technically “a shortcut” but when you’re guiding other people…you realize it is definitely not.
5. When people give you directions, you have to repeat them to yourself to make sure you get it right, but even then…
6. You miscalculate the time it takes to get somewhere because you completely forget a whole neighborhood you have to go through to get from Point A to Point B.
7. You get super confused by North, East, South, and West. ‘Never Eat Sour Watermelons’ doesn’t even help. (SIDENOTE: WHY do maps tell you to head West, North, etc… that makes everything worse!)
8. When the only route you know is blocked off, you get anxious (those detour signs don’t really help either).
9. You have to think of specific points on a map (stores, plazas, restaurants) because telling you street names does absolutely nothing.
10. When meeting up with friends, you will most likely call them telling them you’re lost. And you’ll either be 1 block away or completely on the other side of the neighborhood.
11. “One Way’s” and “No Left/Right Turns” are your worst enemies.
Hope these were fun for you to read! Do you relate to any of these?