About the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to promote other bloggers — specifically newbies. It is an online award that shows love and support to up-and-coming bloggers new to the blog scene. It’s also a nice way for the blog community to pay-it-forward to new blogs they have discovered around the web.
About the Nominators
I was nominated twice for the Liebster Award two days apart from each other! This makes me super happy, as it makes me realize that my blog is being recognized by others. So thank you!
My first nomination was by Tyra Skinner over at Too Chinese For U.
For those who don’t know her, she is an American teaching English in Jinan, China. Her blog is all about her travels and her life and work abroad. Check out her blog or follow her on Twitter or Instagram to stay up to date with her adventures. Thank you Tyra!
My second nomination came from Lauren at World of Roses.
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked
- Tag 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers on Twitter, Facebook, or by email subscriptions
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees
- Recognize the blogger who tagged you
Q&A with Tyra from Too Chinese For U
1. What’s the purpose behind your blog?
I want to encourage people to get out of their comfort zone and travel. Seeing the world is super important to me and I believe it’s necessary in order for people to learn about other societies and understand each other. My blog is also to inspire people who feel a little lost in life and want to know they’re not alone.
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
Although I’m really into traveling, I’m absolutely HORRIBLE with directions. I felt that this name was fitting to both traveling and life in general — which is exactly what I was going for.
3. If you had a time-machine, what would you say to “10-year-ago” you? Any advice?
I would tell little me to not second-guess myself. To give myself more credit and trust what I want, what I do, and what I’m capable of doing.
4. Besides blogging, what else do you like to do?
I enjoy traveling and exploring new places, going to concerts, eating delicious food, and handlettering. I also have recently gotten into scenic photography, so hopefully I can get better at that!
5. Your favorite book?
“The Giver” by Lois Lowry. It makes me think about societies, government, and life, on a deeper level.
6. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
Isabel from the movie “Fools Rush In.” She is a strong, independent, Mexican woman who finds it hard to open up to people who care for her. She thinks that people have ulterior motives and has her guard up, but she also sees the beauty in life and is open to new experiences and developing herself.
7. Name two short-term goals for your blog and one long-term goal.
Seeing that I just started my blog, I feel like I have many short-term goals. Two being:
- To gain a social following and readership
- To have 10-15 posts by the end of the month
The long-term goal would be to monetize my blog and make a good amount of side income — and in the longer run, to turn it into passive income.
8. What are your top three travel destinations?
- Iceland — to see the Northern Lights from an igloo
- Turkey — to do a roadtrip to different cities, meet my friend’s family, and eat delicious food
- Japan — my first country in Asia which I believe will really stretch my mind and “wow” me
9. Choose a color to describe you and explain why you chose it.
Burgundy. It is deep, mysterious, and strong. But not too in-your-face like red or too unapproachable like a dark purple or brown. Plus, it’s my favorite color! 🙂
10. What food or drink do you hate the most?
I can’t stand mint inside of drinks — juices, smoothies, mojitos. There’s just something about a strong-tasting and scented piece of herb climbing up my straw and getting stuck on my tongue that I don’t enjoy. I love mint in food and desserts though!
11. Is there a particular skill you would really like to have?
I absolutely love languages but I think I love them too much. I start learning a language, and then I find another one that interests me, so I focus on the new one. In the end, I end up learning bits and pieces of each. I wish I could learn all the languages I want, with little patience and time.
Q&A with Lauren from World of Roses
1. Why did you start blogging?
I wanted to share my knowledge and experiences with others — specifically about applying for a Spanish student visa because it’s so hard to get information all in one place.
2. How long have you been blogging for?
Since the fourth of July, so two weeks!
3. Which of your blog posts are you most proud of and why? – Link it
Im the most excited about my post: 6 Ideas for Personal Souvenirs. This one is my favorite because I feel like they are nice ways to make you remember a trip — and they aren’t like normal souvenirs.
4. What is something you wish you were better at?
I wish I had more patience, with others and with myself.
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people are rude — can’t stand it.
6. Where has been your favourite travel destination?
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I want to go back so badly!
7. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I once travelled from Los Angeles to Norway for two days just to get a stamp in my passport — what I thought was a loophole to a Schengen visa but really wasn’t…long story!
8. What is your favourite thing to watch on Netflix at the moment?
Suits. Such a good show and season 7 just came out!
9. What is your biggest passion?
Traveling and helping others with small good deeds
Feel free to check out my story if you’d like to know more about me.
So these are the 11 questions for my nominees to answer. Hope you all have fun!
- Why did you start a blog?
- What is your favorite life quote?
- What makes you get up in the morning?
- Where do you see your blog in two years?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What are you addicted to?
- Which destination is at the top of your bucket list and why?
- What is the next big decision you have to make?
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
- Which city/town are you from, and do you recommend people to visit it?
- What do you hope to achieve this year?
My Nominations Go To…
- Natalie Hanson
- Viki Richards at The Positive Pensive
- Zara at Miss Zarabelle
- Sumreen Safdar at Life and Living Inspired
- Steph at Social Spying
- Davina Morris at Kiwi and the Ginger
- Grace at Glossy Belle
- Samantha at Tell it Like It’s Real
- Dawy Rkasnuam at Hataipreuk
- Hannah at The Northern Writes
- Leah Brady at Boss Babe Brady
Congratulations! I hope you have fun! 🙂
Also! Check out The Global Aussie to pick your Liebster Award Design — they’re all very nice.