For today, I decided I would do the Christmas Blog Tag for something a little light-hearted and quick. Hope you enjoy reading!
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
I absolutely love Elf and can watch it a million times over!
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Unfortunately no… San Francisco gets cold, but not that cold. I’ve been in snow after Christmas, and experienced my first snowfall in London last year (but before Christmas!) Hopefully I’ll have a white Christmas soon — it’s something I’ve always wanted.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
My family isn’t huge on traditions, but I normally spend the holiday at my parent’s house OR at my grandparents house in L.A.
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Feliz Navidad by José Feliciano. I have NO idea why but it makes me super happy!
RELATED: My Favorite Christmas Songs
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
If I’m spending the holidays with my grandparents, then yes. But if it’s with my parents we have to wait until everyone wakes up on Christmas morning. This used to bother me, but now it really doesn’t. If anything, it just makes me feel bad for my little brother who can’t wait to open his gifts!
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Hmm.. Dasher, Prancer, Vixon, Rudolph…
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
This Christmas will be the first I spend away from family and in a different country… so I hope to bake something delicious and maybe have a Christmas dinner with friends — which is basically a tradition with family!
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake, unfortunately. But it actually has a lot of pros!
9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
Anything sweet but my favorites are: pumpkin pie for breakfast, ginger snaps, and snickerdoodles! Oh! And sometimes turrón. Oddly, I don’t really eat them any other time of year though.
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Can I be that weird one that actually doesn’t like either one? Giving gifts can be fun, but tends to be more stressful for me because I’m never really 100% satisfied with the gifts I give. And when it comes to receiving gifts, I just never know how to react to them…I’m super grateful for them, but sometimes I don’t know what to do. If I could open gifts and give gifts privately, I’d be much happier!
RELATED: Top Christmas Gifts for Travelers
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
This is probably very superficial, but I’ll be honest: my macbook pro. It has gotten me through college, through assignments, applications, lonely nights with Netflix, and of course with my blog!
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Iceland or New York. Iceland, to stay in an igloo and see the northern lights. New York, to experience the Christmas they always show in movies and shows (any Gossip Girl fans out there??)
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I’m a horrible present wrapper! I’ve slowly been getting better, but they have to be perfect boxes…anything else and you can expect a huge hot mess.
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
Making tamales with my grandmother the day before Christmas and then dancing to Gangnam Style with my mom, my aunt, and my mom’s cousin in the kitchen.
15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
My parents never really told me about Santa Claus haha. Our presents always said To: Nini, From: Your Parents, Your Grandmother, Your Brother, etc.
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Yes I do make them. Do I stick to them is another question though… Every year I am more committed, but I have yet to actually fully stick one out. Maybe 2018 will be my year?!?
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
Just the season in general. Not a specific date or holiday, but the wonderful season of colder weather, cozier clothing and food and drink options. I actually wrote a post on this here, so feel free to check it out!
Well there you have my answers to the tag! Did you enjoy reading?
Have you participated in the Christmas Blog Tag?
Link yours down below so we can all learn about each other!